The term “metaphysics” has been bandied about for several centuries, and most of the time, none of us know what it really means. Simply put, metaphysics is the philosophy of attempting to understand reality within and beyond the physical world. Metaphysics as a word has been used and misused throughout the ages. Along the way, this philosophy has garnered a sullied reputation and a great deal of mistrust.
Metaphysics is a multifaceted discipline that seeks to understand the nature of the multi-universe. Whereas modern empirical science seeks to know how things work, metaphysics seeks to know why things work. In out attempt to understand metaphysics we will look at two of its major aspects: ontology and cosmology.
Ontology is the study how things are ordered, especially on the spiritual level. Think of human beings, recently departed spirits, ascended masters and deities as parts of a greater hierarchy. It is the nature of this hierarchy in which metaphysics attempts to understand. Since ontology is largely based on faith, it has seen little development through the ages. The majority of the change has come as ontological concepts overlay different spiritual traditions. All that really changes are the names of the beings and natural order.
Cosmology is the study of the nature of our world and the Universe in its many aspects. Within cosmology we discover disciplines that include astrology, sacred geometry, and alchemy. It can be understood that cosmology evolves as the understanding of the world increases. What was once the mystical tradition of astrology is now the empirical science of astronomy. Likewise, the techniques and formulations used by alchemists in their mystical quests became the initial practices of the science of chemistry.
Though metaphysics is not a science, it has made major contributions to our modern understanding and beliefs. Metaphysics is more than just understanding the nature of multiple levels of reality. The overall purpose of this understanding is to have the ability to mold the world and shape it into something better. This is where the role of the mystics comes into play.
There have been—and will continue to be—many attempts to bridge the gap between hard empirical science and the anecdotal understanding of metaphysics. Throughout history, many luminaries have left their mark on the advancement of mankind in one form or another. We must remember that Newton was more of an alchemist than a physicist, and it was the mathematical genius of the Greek mystic Pythagoras that opened the door to trigonometry and calculus centuries later.
There are six distinctive categories of metaphysics: Alternative Realities, Ancient Wisdom, Consciousness, Mystics, Paranormal, and Science of Life:
• Alternative Realities: explores the make-up of the multi-verse. We ask the question, “Are their different layers to reality than just the one we experience? If so, what are they and how do they affect us?”
• Ancient Wisdom: looks into how ancient cultures from the Celts to the Mayans saw their world. By understanding our past, we can better shape out future.
• Emerging Consciousness: our foray into understanding the Noosphere, or the realm of human intellect in the world. We see how ancient shamanic cultures used the mind in order to understand the evolution of consciousness for all of mankind.
• Mystics and Mysteries: we meet some of the world’s greatest luminaries and examine their findings. These great minds have explored many mysteries ranging from the spiritual to the technological.
• Spiritual contact: it's one of the greatest mysteries that has eluded mankind since the dawn of time. We explore this subject through the lenses of the paranormal by exploring everything from poltergeist activity to life after death.
• Science of Life: here, we use the strengths of ontology and cosmology to unravel the nature of life in the realms of the physical world and beyond.
Even though the word Metaphysics may conjure strange images in our imagination, in reality, it is a viable philosophy used to gain a subjective understanding of what we call reality. Take the time to explore the categories for yourself. What you may find is a deeper understanding into the multifaceted nature of reality of which you are such an integral part.
Make sure to also support The Ubuntu Movement, Global Unity Project, and The Venus Project. We also suggest supporting numerous non-profit, non-Elite Owned charities and organizations across the full spectrum of spiritual/traditional religious and alternative worldviews that are focused on peace, wisdom and universal love.
Written Blog Content is under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
ATTENTION WRITERS! Here at EsotericSanctum.com, I am always looking for new material to publish. If anyone is interested in submitting your original article(s) to be published on EsotericSanctum.com please email them here: Contact Form
(Open, Closed and Neutral Minded Resources. Light and Dark. Religious/Nonreligious /Spiritual/Atheist perspectives as well as new and old Science.)
African History Network
The Resonance Project
Gnostic Knights Templar
Seventh Day Adventists
Restored Church of God
Temple of Set
Hemp For Future
Nation of Islam
The Venus Project
Ubuntu Contributionist Party
Sphere Being Alliance
R Stones Black Economics
The Resonance Project
The Forbidden Religion
Church of Satan
Spirituality and Practice
New Message of God
Arcturian group of 40
The Ashtar Command Spiritual Community
Light Technology Publishing
Project Global Awakening
Extra Terrestrial Database
The Radiant Rose Academy